All things considered, Dawg fans, would you say you are started up at this point? You ought to be. Washington went to Palo Alto (CA) and put a 27-9 whipping on Stanford Saturday (11-3-07) to end Washington’s 6-game losing streak.
The Huskies at last went to the next level of their bike and told us the best way to ride The Cardinal into the turf. The Cardinal is a truly bizarre moniker for an American school football crew; it alludes to-in all honesty the shade of their pullovers and not some bird flying around Palo Alto.
I think that its peculiar that The Cardinal is likewise consistently alluded to in the particular instead of the plural, as, “here comes The Cardinal” as the players surge onto the field.
Notwithstanding the entirety of the discussion about Stanford being Washington’s most vulnerable rival since its season opening 42-12 triumph out and about at Syracuse, The Cardinal bombshell USC 24-23 out and about. The Huskies lost to USC 27-24 at home.
I anticipated that after Washington’s misfortune to Oregon it would beat Arizona. The Huskies beginning 22 at that point quickly went out and lost to the Wildcats 48-41 in Husky Stadium. So I was a game off.
How Washington dealt with Stanford merited the stand by. For openers:
1) Senior full back Louis Rankin scrambled for 255 yards and a score, เล่น สล็อต ออนไลน์ the fourth best hurrying presentation in school history. The Husky hostile line recaptured some proportion of pride as Rankin found the middle value of 7.1 yards per convey.
I think a ton of us recollect Corey Dillon’s 259 yard surging execution against Oregon in 1996. Fortunately, I am not mature enough to recollect record-holder Hugh McElhenny’s 296-yard exertion against Washington State in 1950.
2) Freshman Jake Locker added one more 97 yards at 6.1 yards per convey. In transit, he broke Dennis Fitzpatrick’s 1974 record of 697 yards by a Husky quarterback. At the point when the game was finished, Locker had 791 yards this season with 4 games left to play.
3) The Huskies accumulated 388 net yards hurrying and 151 yards passing (16 for 32, no scores and 1 capture) for 547 complete yards on offense. The guard surrendered 234 all out net yards.
4) Washington had 33 first downs (25 racing) to Stanford’s 15, and overwhelmed the clock with 35:46 season of ownership to Stanford’s 24:14.
5) Loyal fans have been standing by throughout the season for the Husky safeguard to ascend and resemble the Huskies of the wonder a very long time under amazing Head Coach Don James and Defensive Coordinator (and later Head Coach) Jim Lambright.
That second came in the second quarter with Washington driving 10-3 and Stanford on the Husky 2-yard line following a Louis Rankin bobble. On first down, the Huskies pushed Stanford back a yard.
Stanford’s subsequent endeavor to score was halted when senior linebacker Trenton Tuiasosopo stood up Stanford’s ballcarrier, junior cornerback Byron Davenport flew in and punched the ball free, and senior wellbeing Mesphin Forrester recuperated.
So, the Washington Husky group met up upsettingly and protectively against Stanford. At the point when I anticipated after the Oregon misfortune that the best was on the way I was not just composing inspirational statements.
Sometime, as day follows night, the unpracticed players become more experienced and perform better.
The following stop for the Huskies is at Oregon State. The Beavers are noted for their physical (interpret merciless) hits and play. The game could turn out to be to a greater extent a thunder in football gear. The Huskies will get hit and they need to hit back more enthusiastically. Animal power and boldness could decide the victor.